Students who are interested in pursuing higher studies at James Cook University should read about the scholarships. Many students require financial assistance while studying abroad. Merit scholarships make it all the easier. James Cook University Singapore is another concern of James Cook University Australia. It was established in 2003 as a strategic initiative to give Asian students an opportunity in their own continent. The university in Australia ranks amongst the top 2% of universities worldwide. JCU Singapore has adapted to the universal curriculum of the Australian university.
James Cook University offers various types of merit scholarships to students of JCU Singapore. The university offers such scholarships to students of exceptional caliber and merit. You can also apply for scholarships if you have an excellent academic record. Moreover, you should also excel in extra-curricular activities. Your critical thinking and creativity should also be great. You can avail yourself of these scholarships if you are studying at JCU Singapore. The university has three types of scholarships.
- 100% scholarship for one year
- 50% scholarship for one year
- 25% scholarship for one year
Some of the most popular programs at James Cook University are Diploma of Higher Education, Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of IT, and a few masters courses in business studies, tourism, and hospitality management. Students from various countries like India, Thailand, South Korea, Kazakhstan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Myanmar are eligible to apply for the scholarships.
James Cook University – Singapore
Scholarship Criteria /Eligibility
- You have to apply for a course at the university. Only then you can apply for the scholarship.
- You have to fill up the application form and deposit a fee of SGD 250, along with all the visa documents.
- The eligibility criteria also depend on your home country.
- For postgraduate courses, you need to have a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks. Moreover, you need to score at least 6.5 or equivalent in IELTS.
- For undergraduate courses, you need to score at least 60% in class 12. Additionally, you need to score a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS.
- If you are interested to apply for a Diploma program, you need to score a minimum of 50% in Class 10 and 12. You also need to score a minimum of 5.5 on the IELTS examination.
- You have to apply for the scholarship within 6pm of the deadline.
How to Apply?
While applying for the scholarship, you have to submit all the necessary documents, academic certificates, passports, and the application fee. The deadline is February. The university can change the deadline, and it will be advertised on the educational portal. You have to fill up the details on the JCU portal.
You need to follow some terms and conditions while carrying on with the procedure of application.
- You can apply for the scholarship if you are studying at the James Cook University campus.
- The scholarship is applicable to new students, both from Singapore and international ones as well.
- Students who are pursuing courses at the Singapore university or any of their pathway programs, excluding the Postgraduate Qualifying Program in Business, are eligible to apply.
- You cannot club the JCU scholarship with any other scholarship at JCU.
- If you decide to change your course, after getting a scholarship, you can do so, but at the same level as the other courses.
- The scholarship is applicable to one year of studies, and a maximum of eight subjects, at JCUS.
- The scholarship applies to a minimum of 12 subjects tuition fee for undergraduate courses and 6 subjects for postgraduate courses.
- You can apply for a scholarship, for all the programs, excluding Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honors, Graduate Diploma of Psychology, Master of Psychology – Clinical, and Master of Philosophy.
- If you fail in any subject during the course, you have to bear the re-module fee yourself.
- For a few programs like the Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science or Bachelor of Business and Environmental Science, the scholarship amount will be applicable to the business subject fee only.
- If you are found not to adhere to the guidelines mentioned, the university has the right to withdraw the scholarship.
- The scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive employment opportunities after graduating.
- You will be required to take over the role of the college or university ambassador, after you gain a scholarship. Thus, you will also be involved in various promotional activities to create a name for the university on a global platform.
- You cannot transfer the scholarship to any other campus of the university.
- If there is any dispute over the scholarship, the decision of the university will be binding and final. All the decisions of the university are final. No student has any say, over it.
You can contact Admissify for more information on study abroad opportunities. They are a renowned overseas educational counselor in India. Moreover, you can get in touch with them for more clarity on the procedures to apply, the courses, the work permits, and more. You can also connect with a network of alumni at your chosen university to get more information on the courses, scholarships, and other aspects.